Cycling is one of the best modes of transport in the precinct. With Brisbane's booming population, we have seen an increase in the number of cyclists in the Parklands. South Bank Corporation is committed to ensuring the continued safety of all visitors to the Parklands.
Please observe the following safety tips that we have designed to ensure that all visitors to the precinct have an enjoyable experience.
- Travel at a maximum speed of 10km/hour
- Follow the signage installed throughout the Parklands
- Slow down in high pedestrian traffic areas
- Be aware of pedestrians and other park users - you never know when a child may run out to chase a ball, just like when riding on the open road
- Ring your bell to alert pedestrians that you are approaching
- Give way to pedestrians
- Adhere to the designated cycle paths, which are outlined here.
For more information on bikeways in South Bank, please contact our Visitor Centre on 07 3867 2051.