- The BCEC celebrated 15 years of strong financial and operational success.
- Construction commenced on the ABC's new headquarters. The building was constructed by Leighton Contractors Pty Limited and designed by Queensland architect Richard Kirk.
- Construction commenced on River Quay, the precinct's premier waterfront dining destination. River Quay was designed by award winning architects Arkhefield and landscape architects Cardno S.P.L.A.T.
- Construction began on Rain Bank, South Bank's stormwater harvesting and reuse project. Rain Bank was a collaborative effort between South Bank Corporation. Stirlock Constructions Pty Ltd, McLachlan Lister Pty Ltd, Blight Tanner Pty Ltd, Gamble McKinnon Green Pty Ltd, Turner & Townsend, Webb Australia Group and Edwards Irrigation Consultants
- Construction wraps up on SW1. The sustainable, mixed-use precinct incorporates commercial, retail and residential components and required six years of collaborative development and urban renewal to complete.