- The new South Bank Lifestyle Markets were launched.
- A number of solar-powered parking meters were installed in Little Stanley and Grey Streets to assist with the management of traffic and allow better customer access to retailers.
- A new waterplay facility, Aquativity opened. The $5 million water education and play park, redeveloped from an under-utilised bush stream playground near Streets Beach, is an exciting celebration of Brisbane and its defining feature, the Brisbane River.
- Construction commenced on the Abigroup redevelopment of the former Butterfly House site. The redevelopment will activate both the Stanley Street Plaza and Little Stanley Street, with access from both frontages to improve the public space. The new building was targeting a four star green star rating.
- Four week public consultation commenced for the South Point project on the corner of Vulture, Grey and Tribune Streets at South Bank. The project will see the development of a mixed-use area in the precinct, which will include a hotel, arthouse cinema and residential apartments.
- Installation of three 47 000 litre water tanks to hold recycled water for Parkland irrigation. The Parkland's total capacity is now 285 000 litres.
- Installation of new bins, including separate recycling bins, starts in the Parklands.