- National ice-cream company, Streets, was announced naming rights sponsor of South Bank's beach, to be known as Streets Beach, following a three year partnership agreement.
- South Bank was named the best public sector development in the world for 2004 at the FIABCI Prix d'Excellence (the world's most prestigious real estate awards).
- Little Stanley Street won the Property Council of Australia (QLD) 2004 Best Neighbourhood and Strip Centre under 10 000sq m GLAR (gross lettable area).
- Southern Entry works officially opened by Premier of Queensland Peter Beattie.
- Southern Entry works were completed including extension of the Arbour to Vulture Street and upgrade to Memorial Park.
- The new Corporation Board was announced.